[vdr] Intelligent management of simulcast DVB-S2 / DVB-T channels

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Fri Feb 24 00:33:06 CET 2012

Am 23.02.2012 19:36, schrieb Magnus Hörlin:
> This is an interesting topic and I have had exactly the same ideas. But
> I think this violates Klaus's "Keep it simple" philosophy and (as usual)
> I tend to agree with him.

If you've ever read the algorithm that picks the best possible device
for a recording, you'd probably agreed that we're already way too far
from keeping it simple. These rules are already way too complex. Adding
the complexity of choosing from different quality sources and
up/downgrading other receivers would probably push this a lot further
towards insanity.

Cheers,

Udo