VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 18:32:29 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de> wrote:
> Yes, the next stable version will be 2.0.
> Version 1.0 was the "SD version", and version 2.0 shall be the "HD version"
> ;-).

Sounds good! :)

> I'll see to make "client/server" a priority after that.

I honestly had to read this a couple times to make sure I wasn't
misunderstanding some how. This is a huge announcement and I think
everyone will agree a big step in the right direction to suit modern
needs. Since it sounds like true server/client will really happen for
VDR now, maybe it would be a wise idea to start a dedicated thread to
it for collecting information on identifying the needs/wants, and ways
they can be met. This is a great opportunity to thoroughly think
things through so the actual server/client design & integration
addresses all the necessary considerations.

...What an awesome way to start off the day! You're my hero Klaus! :D