[vdr] LiveBuffer for vdr 1.7.x

Marc vdr at ekass.net
Sun Jan 1 19:23:57 CET 2012

On 01/01/2012 18:41, René wrote:
> On 23.12.2011 14:27 , Marc wrote:
>> There is a typo error in vdr.c but that's all.
>>
>> For gentoo users, I attached the patches I use. I relocated some hunk of
>> config.c and config.h and renamed USE_LIVEBUFFER to LIVEBUFFER in
>> Makefile.
>>
>> Patch the ebuild and put the other patch in
>> /etc/portage/patches/media-video/vdr-1.7.21 (I use the epatch_user tool
>> instead of the script, see the ebuild patch).
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> I'm having trouble in getting the patch you posted to work in my
> setup. Could you please check if you find something that i screwed up?
>
> http://paste.me.uk/1484.html
>
> I have saved the patch as:
> 0001-opt-96-livebuffer12-rmm.dpatch-rebased-onto-1.7.21.patch
>
> What i did was that i deleted the message-headers etc from the file,
> and left the first row to be: diff --git a/Makefile b/Makefile
>

> Best Regards,
>
> René

Hi René,

You can watch the output of the patch
(/var/tmp/portage/media-video/vdr-1.7.21-r2/temp/0001-opt-96-livebuffer12-rmm.dpatch-rebased-onto-1.7.21.patch.out)
and see where it fails.

vdr 1.7.22 is out now on vdr-devel overlay. I'll post an updated patch
for it tomorrow. It could work better on your configuration.

Regards,

Marc.