[vdr] LiveBuffer for vdr 1.7.x

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 21:13:56 CET 2012

On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 11:44 AM, René <linuxtv at hertell.com> wrote:
> the official gentoo overlay? Even better if it could be added as a basic
> feature of vdr (that could be turned on/off from the settings :-) Klaus?
> Please, please, pleaaaaase :-)

There was talk of this some time ago, though I don't think anything
solid came of it. I personally am not interested in it unless ram came
be used for the buffer storage. Having a harddrive (or even worse, an
ssd) in a constant write state 24/7 is not something I'd like to do.
Whatever the case, I think you'll be stuck with the patch for a while.