[vdr] Updated patch for vdr 1.7.22 in gentoo

René linuxtv at hertell.com
Mon Jan 2 23:44:30 CET 2012

On 02.01.2012 23:44 , René wrote:
> On 02.01.2012 19:11 , Marc wrote:
>> The patch applies, portage try several levels with patch and it
>> succeeded at p1 (log start at 255).
>>
>> The modifications I've made work but you have more files that fail than
>> me. Perhaps you use more use flags. I don't know if the extension
>> patches are applied all the time or only when you set the use flag for
>> them. You could try to build vdr without any use flag and see if it
>> compiles.
>
> I got this patch installed without any errors, but it does not work
> (pressing rewind does not do anything).. In the setup-menu i see the
> LiveBuffer settings, but i can't enter the settings.
>
> I just started a "vdrplugin-rebuild -se rebuild", so let's see if it's
> some other plugin that's screwing things up..
>
>> To add this patch to the overlay, have you tried to contact the
>> maintainer ? It could be interested, its address is in the changelog.
>
> If i get this to work, then i'll do my best to persuade him to add this
> back to the overlay!! :-)

A quick update.. Pressing the LiveBUffer menu-item in the setupmenu
gives me the following in my logfile:

Jan  3 00:42:27 vdr vdr: [16766] ERROR: Gentoo-VDR-Setup: <menu
System=LiveBuffer> not known

Does anyone know what this error means?

if someone knows what's messed up in the previous error-message, then i
get the same error for BigPatch

Jan  3 00:42:29 vdr vdr: [16766] ERROR: Gentoo-VDR-Setup: <menu
System=BigPatch> not known

Regards,

René