[vdr] problems with playback and plugins with vdr-1.7.22

René linuxtv at hertell.com
Sat Jan 7 10:59:12 CET 2012

On 07.01.2012 3:44 , Udo Richter wrote:

> The cryptic symbol decodes to cTimer::cTimer(bool, bool, cChannel*),
> found in timers.h, line 46. The actual code is in timers.c, line 28.
> This function exists in this form since 1.3.38. VDR itself seems to be
> fine, so your VDR seems to have a different function instead. However,
> the plugins rely on the original function because they somehow compiled
> against the original definition in the timers.h.
>
> My guess is that one of the patches is optionally modifying this, and
> the plugins were somehow compiled with different versions of the
> timers.h, or with different compiler flags that cause some #ifdef to flip.

Ok, i'll check if this would would work without any patches.. I doubt
that I would be the only one with this issue if it would be the
patches.. But again i would'nt surprise me if my system is messed up
because of this big jump from 1.6.x to 1.7.22. Til now VDR has been a
"set and forget" installation that just works, and works, and works and
wo... :-)

Regards,

René