[vdr] problems with playback and plugins with vdr-1.7.22

Marc vdr at ekass.net
Sat Jan 7 16:27:31 CET 2012

On 07/01/2012 10:59, René wrote:
> On 07.01.2012 3:44 , Udo Richter wrote:
>
>> The cryptic symbol decodes to cTimer::cTimer(bool, bool, cChannel*),
>> found in timers.h, line 46. The actual code is in timers.c, line 28.
>> This function exists in this form since 1.3.38. VDR itself seems to be
>> fine, so your VDR seems to have a different function instead. However,
>> the plugins rely on the original function because they somehow compiled
>> against the original definition in the timers.h.
>>
>> My guess is that one of the patches is optionally modifying this, and
>> the plugins were somehow compiled with different versions of the
>> timers.h, or with different compiler flags that cause some #ifdef to
>> flip.
>
> Ok, i'll check if this would would work without any patches.. I doubt
> that I would be the only one with this issue if it would be the
> patches.. But again i would'nt surprise me if my system is messed up
> because of this big jump from 1.6.x to 1.7.22. Til now VDR has been a
> "set and forget" installation that just works, and works, and works
> and wo... :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> René

The problem come from the livebuffer patch. It redefines cTimer::cTimer
to add the length of the already buffered stream so when the instant
recording start, it records the buffer too :
+#ifdef USE_LIVEBUFFER
+  cTimer(bool Instant = false, bool Pause = false, cChannel *Channel =
NULL, int Forerun = 0);
+#else
    cTimer(bool Instant = false, bool Pause = false, cChannel *Channel =
NULL);
+#endif /*USE_LIVEBUFFER*/

This feature can be removed easily (it's not really useful), I attach a
modified version of the livebuffer patch.

Thanks Udo for pointing to the right direction.

Regards,

Marc.