[vdr] Cleaner TS/h264 cutting possible?

Gero geronimo013 at gmx.de
Thu Jan 26 05:02:21 CET 2012

> Hello,
>
> cutting a TS recording, where two cut points are joined, always leads to
> some artifacts at this join when playing the cutted result.

This is not a new issue and is true for all types of recordings.

Not far ago I did some test on encoding quite old vdr-recordings (saved uncut)
with x264 and cutting with recent vdr.
The result was a muted movie after the first joinpoint.
May be x264 is too restrictive, don't know - but showed, that the cutted
result is not conforming to standards (at least the standards, x264 expects).

For me, the only acceptable result is using projectx for cutting SD-recordings
(no matter what format).
Luckily I don't have HD-recordings with intersecting comercials yet, so
cutting HD-recordings without joinpoints using vdr is acceptable.

kind regards

Gero