[vdr] Please share your systemd (Upstart) service file

Manuel Reimer manuel.reimer at gmx.de
Mon Jul 2 18:39:58 CEST 2012

Gerald Dachs wrote:
>> That's the current state. I can't think of a good reason why it has to
>> stay that way though. VDR itself could have a menu that allows to enable,
>> disable and configure plugins.
>
> I can't see a benefit of this approach. At least for distributors it would get
> more complicated to install plugins with a specific default configuration,
> because that would mean all configuration informations would go into the
> setup.conf and it is no good idea to manipulate this file from outside.

Exactly!

Again: systemd ist *one of many* init solutions and I guess, that Klaus doesn't
use a distribution with systemd.

IMHO the "systemd people" will have to create some kind of "adapter script" (and
maybe just call it "runvdr" ;) ).

"runvdr-extreme" comes with a solution to enable/disable plugins from the VDR
GUI. Maybe that would fit as a base for systemd startup.

Yours

Manuel