[vdr] HDMI output detection problems

Jouni Karvo Jouni.Karvo at iki.fi
Sat Jul 28 14:18:46 CEST 2012

hi,

since starting to use a AV receiver between TV and VDR, I have had HDMI
detection problems.

To start X server even when TV is not on, I use custom edid file that I
got from the tuner.  With this, VDR always starts X properly, so even if
VDR has auto-started for recording, the output works.

Card: Nvidia GT220, vdr-xine plugin, Xorg, NAD receiver and Sony TV.

If I start TV, though, for some reason, most often there is no
negoatiation (or a failed one) between the receiver and VDR, so there
will be no picture.  Normally there is a sound, though. I have to switch
the input selector of the receiver first to DVD input, then back to TV
input to get the image.  If the tuner and TV are on when X server
starts, the image appears correctly.

Are there any flags in nvidia-settings or Xorg.conf or Xine
configuration that would tell the graphics card to help the tuner to
notice that there indeed is an image also on the HDMI cable?

yours,
         Jouni