[vdr] VDR 1.7.28, xineliboutput 1.0.7: Using local frontend gives `No protocol specified`

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 12 11:31:00 CEST 2012

Dear VDR folks,

somehow I am not able to get the local frontend to work.

Debian Sid/unstable is installed with

        $ dpkg -l vdr vdr-plugin-xineliboutput libxineliboutput-sxfe
        […]
        ii  libxineliboutput-sxfe         1.0.7+cvs20120609.1902-1      Local X-Server frontend for the xineliboutput plugin
        ii  vdr                           1.7.28-1                      Video Disk Recorder for DVB cards
        ii  vdr-plugin-xineliboutput      1.0.7+cvs20120609.1902-1      VDR plugin for Xine based sofdevice frontends

and I try to get the local frontend working but it fails.

        $ sudo -u vdr vdr -P"xineliboutput --local=sxfe --video=auto --audio=alsa --remote=none"
        No protocol specified
        No protocol specified
        No protocol specified

Unfortunately I do not know what the problem is as this is the command
mentioned in `README` of `xineliboutput`.

        Usage examples (VDR plugin)

          If no arguments are given, both X11 and framebuffer frontends are tried.
          First working frontend is used with best available video driver.
          Complete list of available command-line arguments can be obtained
          with "vdr --help".

          Only local frontend, X11/Xv video, alsa audio:
            vdr -P"xineliboutput --local=sxfe --video=xv --audio=alsa --remote=none"

Thanks,

Paul