[vdr] How to make bug report

Marx acc.for.news at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 15:56:43 CEST 2012

Hello
I have four DVB cards:
DVB-S2:
-Pinnacle PCTV SAT HDTV 452E PRO USB (main kernel support)
-Terratec Cinergy S2 USB HD v.2
-Prof Revolution DVB-S2 8000 PCIe
DVB-T:
-AF9015 noname USB (main kernel support)

on AMD Brazos platform (Asrock E350M1) with Debian (lately with 3.4 kernel).

While I could be able to make all of them working via different drivers
(media-build, patches, vendor drivers, Igor Liplianin's repo, yavdr dkms
package etc) none of this card works stable (unlike Twinhan PCI I had
previously). Prof hangs system, Pinnacle doesn't work with DVB-S2,
Terratec records streams partially unplayable, AF9015 stops working
after and hour or so etc. Often I see errors of I2C subsystem.

While I'm in process of testing it on different hardware (laptop) I
would like to know if it's good place to write about dvb drivers bugs.
Or maybe should I write directly to developer? or write bugs in
Debian/kernel bugzilla or sth similair?
How to properly report bugs? What kernel should I use, which driverset?
What logs to attach (kernel.log)? how to enable debug options (if needed)?

I think it's rather unusual all of cards doesn't work, so I suspect that
there can be something wrong with my system. Maybe you, as skilled
developers, can direct me what can be wrong, what can I test?

Marx