[vdr] RFE: Make VDR more friendly when using combinations of DVB-S, DVB-T and DVB-C

Ludi ludi113 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 17 14:00:39 CEST 2012

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 12:44:06 +0300
Tony Houghton <h at realh.co.uk> wrote:

> I think having VDR (optionally) show something like "(T)"/"(S)" next
> to the names is the best idea, but I also like the idea that it
> somehow understands that they can be considered as identical.

That was the core of my idea: let's simply enhance the names of the
channels with an indication to its source, so that people are able to
distinguish the source of the channels with the same name. This would
allow people with more than one source of reception to more easily
bridge the time until a full solution is available.

And if the enhancement of the channelnames could be made in a place,
where also the plugins could see it without modifications to the
plugins, it would be even better. But I understand Klaus being
reluctant to change the names directly in the channels.conf.

Cheers