[vdr] RFE: Make VDR more friendly when using combinations of DVB-S, DVB-T and DVB-C

Ludi ludi113 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:38:21 CEST 2012

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 16:55:10 +0200
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de> wrote:

> On 17.06.2012 16:50, Ludi wrote:
> > Could you please tell us whether the patch is compatible to vdr
> > 1.7.27? It is the version that is currently in use in the
> > development version of yavdr.
>
> It should apply just fine.

After some fiddling (unfortunately, I am far from being an expert), I
was able to apply the patch (enhanced with the part to save the
configuration) to vdr-1.7.27, that I got from the unstable vdr PPA for
precise of yavdr. I added the patch, added a point to debian/changelog
and was able to rebuild and install the vdr debian package. (The patch
I used and that contains Klaus' code is attached to this email, but be
aware that I don't know whether I did everything correctly.)

Depending on the skin used, the source is visible on more or less
places; I am using the narrowhd skin, and the source is not visible in
the menu that appears when hitting "ok" on the remote control, it is
not visible in the next records section of the main menu, but it is
visible in the channellist, in the detailed view of the timers,...

I was able to verify the with the default vdr skin, the source is
visible on more places.

Concerning the plugins, I only looked at the live plugin and the
xmltv2vdr plugin; unfortunately, the source is not visible in this
plugins.

@Henning

You talked about an error in the patch from Klaus; if you know how to
fix it, you are welcome to enhance my patch.

Cheers