[vdr] Plugin for MHEG (BBC RedButton service)

Henning Pingel henning at henningpingel.de
Fri Jun 22 00:28:21 CEST 2012

Am 03.05.2012 10:16, schrieb Dominic Evans:
> On 2 May 2012 14:45, Dominic Evans<oldmanuk at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm thinking, with both the
>> Olympics and Wimbledon coming up shortly, it would be useful to get
>> MHEG up-and-running on my VDR install, so I was going to try out your
>> plugin later. It would be useful to at least have a bug tracker
>> available so that I can raise any issues I find.
>>
>> Perhaps you could create a project on http://github.com and import the
>> code there?
> I managed to compile the plugin against 1.7.27. I had to make a couple
> of minor patches to cope with newer ffmpeg API changes, and to add
> -lswscale (the existing Makefile 'test' to add this wasn't working)
>
> Unfortunately the mheg plugin generates lots of bad looking entries in
> my syslog :
> vdr: [2918] ERROR: TS packet not accepted in Transfer Mode
>
> And launching the 'redbutton' plugin just displayed a small quarter
> sized shaded window in the top left of my screen, with no content.
>
> So it looks like the plugin needs some updates to cope with vdr 1.7.x
> and 1920x1080 resolutions

Hi Dominic,

Do you have any news on this? There are now a couple of BBC London
Olympics streams available in test mode:

http://channelpedia.yavdr.com/gen/DVB-S/S28.2E/uk/#freesat%20BBC%20Olympic%20Streams%20%28London%20Olympics%202012%29%20HD%20TV@DVBS2%20FTA

It would be great to have nice MHEG support with VDR 1.7.x. :)

Cheers,
Henning