[vdr] Please share your systemd (Upstart) service file

Gerald Dachs vdr at dachsweb.de
Fri Jun 29 12:59:21 CEST 2012

Am 28.06.2012 09:01, schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
> Manuel Reimer wrote:
>> Ludwig Nussel wrote:
>>> Yes. Not only for better systemd integration but in general it would be
>>> better if vdr could work without requiring any external scripting or
>>> configuration.
>>
>> You need some external script to call VDR as somewhere it is required
>> to configure plugins and plugin parameters and many more stuff, VDR
>> gets via command line options.
>
> That's the current state. I can't think of a good reason why it has to
> stay that way though. VDR itself could have a menu that allows to enable,
> disable and configure plugins.

I can't see a benefit of this approach. At least for distributors it
would get more complicated to install plugins with a specific default
configuration, because that would mean all configuration informations
would go into the setup.conf and it is no good idea to manipulate this
file from outside.

I would like to see the first user of this idea to try to disable a
plugin that prevents the start of the vdr because of binary
incompatibility. Must be funny.

Gerald