[vdr] polarization character case in channels.conf

Mike Hay mike.hay at linenshorts.com
Wed Nov 7 15:36:54 CET 2012

Hi list,

I recently lost access to all vertically polarised channels and after
quite a bit of floundering about I discovered the reason for this is due
to the case of the polarisation character in channels.conf.

According to the vdr changelog it has been possible to specify this in
either upper or lower case since version 0.6 but it seems this is not
correct - at least in 1.7.31. I generate my channels.conf with w_scan
and it produces lower case "h" and "v" for polarisation. It seemed to
work OK for the horizontal channels but not the vertical. Perhaps it
works for horizontal because this is the default position...

Anyway I have resolved my issue by manually changing the case of these
characters in channels.conf but wondered if this is really a bug or just
a misunderstanding on my part.

Regards,

Mike