[vdr] Digital Devices (Linux 4 Media) 4 port (8 tuner) octopus/Duoflex experiences

Oliver Schinagl oliver+list at schinagl.nl
Mon Nov 26 10:13:32 CET 2012

Hey VDR friends,

I'm thinking of getting into the whole satellite thing (DVB-T user for
now) and was searching for interesting DVB-S2 tuners. I found that the
l4m octopus/duoflex-s2 a very interesting device. While expensive you
can connect up to 8 tuners! to a single PCI-e 1x lane (Bandwith should
be more then enough). While I know there is a octopus mini-pcie device,
I heard that there where some PCB issues so decided on getting the PCI-e
version.

I have tried googling for some up to date linux! information but found
very little. Are there any l4m/dd octopus/duoflex DVB-S2 (or even
CAM/DVB-C/DVB-T) users here that can share their current (and past)
experiences? The tuner (only 1 dualtuner board and the octopus) will set
you back a good 200Euro so I want to be sure that the devices is
properly supported.

Thanks,

Oliver