[vdr] Digital Devices (Linux 4 Media) 4 port (8 tuner) octopus/Duoflex experiences

Oliver Schinagl oliver+list at schinagl.nl
Tue Nov 27 09:30:45 CET 2012

On 27-11-12 07:44, Halim Sahin wrote:
> Hi,
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 09:20:30PM +0100, Lars Hanisch wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> What about cam support in vdr for this card???
>>   It's not implemented yet. You can however redirect the input of one
>>   tuner through the ci, so you can decrypt one
>> transponder.
> Well this is not good news for users in germany because without a
> working cam, you can't watch much channels with dvb-c.
> Don't know but I can't understand, why cam
> handling must be done in userspace for these new cards.c
And oscam doesn't support this? I feel softcam support to be much easier
then a hardcam these days. As for driver support, you can of course ask
Digital Devices if they can implement said feature of course :)

Having not found any user on DVB-S(2) and only one DVB-CT user on this
list so far, I do feel there aren't many using these cards yet, hence
the lack of support.