[vdr] Digital Devices (Linux 4 Media) 4 port (8 tuner) octopus/Duoflex experiences

Oliver Schinagl oliver+list at schinagl.nl
Tue Nov 27 10:39:29 CET 2012

On 27-11-12 10:37, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Oliver Schinagl writes:
>   > On 11/26/12 22:39, Oliver Schinagl wrote:
>   > > On 11/26/12 21:28, Lars Hanisch wrote:
>   > >> Hi,
>   > >>
>   > >> Am 26.11.2012 21:24, schrieb Oliver Schinagl:
>   > >>> Why build it externally? I was quite certain that the ddbridge
>   > >>> drivers are in mainline for a while now?
>   > >>> Which modules to you select?
>   > >>
>   > >>   ddbridge is upstream with DVB-S2 support, but not the driver for my
>   > >> C/T-module.
>   > What C/T driver module are you using?
>   >
>   > I do have a Terratec DVB-T dual (which does dvb-c too on 1 of the dual
>   > tuners) which features the drxk demodulator. So I think your card should
>   > be quite supported in mainline already.
>   >
>   > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob_plain;f=drivers/media/pci/ngene/ngene-cards.c;hb=HEAD
>   >
>   > even lists: \/ so unless I go digging into the linux-media code, I think
>   > even dvb-CT support has been mainlined :)
>   >
>   > static int port_has_drxk(struct i2c_adapter *i2c, int port)
>
> The newer C/T modules use ST demods.
> I think the DRX-K is also no longer being produced.
I bought a Terratec dual T PCI-e which features two DRX-K demods. While
not the newest card, it's reasonably new and driver support is < 6
months old. I guess there's a huge batch of DRX-K's still being used up?

What demod/tuner is being used on the DVB-S2 bit? Just to know the state
of support of the demod/tuner.