[vdr] Digital Devices (Linux 4 Media) 4 port (8 tuner) octopus/Duoflex experiences

Ralph Metzler rjkm at metzlerbros.de
Tue Nov 27 11:03:20 CET 2012

Oliver Schinagl writes:
 > > The newer C/T modules use ST demods.
 > > I think the DRX-K is also no longer being produced.
 > I bought a Terratec dual T PCI-e which features two DRX-K demods. While
 > not the newest card, it's reasonably new and driver support is < 6

More like > 6 year old card and driver. It only got remerged recently.

 > months old. I guess there's a huge batch of DRX-K's still being used up?

I guess but it is not being used on any new Digital Devices cards.

 > What demod/tuner is being used on the DVB-S2 bit? Just to know the state
 > of support of the demod/tuner.

stv0900/stv6110

It uses the drivers stv090x and stv6110x which are also used by several
different cards from other manufacturers and are working very well.

Regards,
Ralph