[vdr] Digital Devices (Linux 4 Media) 4 port (8 tuner) octopus/Duoflex experiences

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Tue Nov 27 21:01:41 CET 2012

I glanced at these boards because at one time I wanted to replace my old
nexus card and I only want to use multi-tunner cards from now on. I
could not afford any upgrades now though:(

But one thing I noticed is, they only support 8PASK modulation and not
the others, 16/32. While they may not be used much now, if usage does
pick up, then these cards are useless and the money wasted. If I had the
money to spend on new tuner cards, I would hold out for one that covered
the possible modulations better.