[vdr] Changing recording name before starting

Kartsa kari at kniivila.com
Mon Oct 1 22:02:59 CEST 2012

Hi

I have been trying to figure out a way to change the name of the
recording BEFORE the recording starts. This might sound odd but in
finland a naming system has been adopted where the name includes the
rating. As an example Alcatraz (7) which would mean it forbidden under 7
years old. If another episode is Alcatraz (12) and another is Alcatraz
(S) you find the recordings being in wrong order in the timeline.

So what I would like to do is to strip the ending of the names. I
created a very simple script to changes the name when the recording ends
using recording hooks but seems that if the recording stops for any
reason and then starts again there will be problems.

Then i thought I should change the name before the actual recording
starts but I was not sure if it could be done with recording hooks.

Is this possible and if then any pointers would be appreciated?

\\Kartsa