[vdr] rotorng broken with 1.7.27 - any changes to vdr core / kernel?

Morfsta morfsta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 00:41:11 CEST 2012

Hi Klaus,

As part of a recent upgrade from vdr-1.7.22 to 1.7.27 within yavdr I've
seen that my rotorng plugin doesn't work anymore and this is shown in the
syslog when I try to send a disecq command: -

 vdr: [8287] ERROR: frontend 1/0: Invalid argument

The plugin includes a patch to the vdr src which adds another method to
cDvbTuner: -

+bool cDvbTuner::SendDiseqcCmd(dvb_diseqc_master_cmd cmd)
+{
+  cMutexLock MutexLock(&mutex);
+  if ((frontendType!=SYS_DVBS2 && frontendType!=SYS_DVBS) || SendDiseqc)
+    return false;
+  diseqc_cmd=cmd;
+  SendDiseqc=true;
+  newSet.Broadcast();
+  return true;
+}
and modifies cDvbTuner::GetFrontendStatus with: -

          cMutexLock MutexLock(&mutex);
+        if (SendDiseqc) {
+           CHECK(ioctl(fd_frontend, FE_DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD,
&diseqc_cmd));
+           SendDiseqc=false;
Has anything changed in VDR, or perhaps the driver that means this no
longer works the way that it used to? I've looked through the HISTORY and
can't spot anything that stands out.

Thank for any help you can provide.

Kind Regards,

Morfsta