[vdr] in-kernel lirc and devinput

Jouni Karvo Jouni.Karvo at iki.fi
Sun Oct 21 09:45:39 CEST 2012

On 20.10.2012 15:18, Tony Houghton wrote:
> Strange. FWIW I used to use the Hauppauge "grey" remote, but I
> replaced that card and none of my other receivers came with suitable
> remotes (not enough buttons etc) so I bought an HP MCE remote and
> cheap generic MCE receiver

With a bit of fiddling and a reboot and both mouse and keyboard codes
are nicely received by inputlirc.  For me, the benefit of in-kernel
drivers and inputlirc is that there is again fewer non-packetized
components in the system, so updates are again easier.

For some reason, there were a couple of non-functioning buttons with
lirc, and now with rc-keymaps and inputlirc some non-functioning again,
but they are different keys.  I wonder if there is a mailing list for
these things; I could report the keys there.

yours,
         Jouni