[vdr] Filesystem hierachy standard patch needs review.

Manuel Reimer manuel.reimer at gmx.de
Tue Sep 4 22:32:24 CEST 2012

Ludwig Nussel wrote:
[Readonly /etc]
> Currently that might be true. Nevertheless it would be good to enhance
> vdr to make it friendlier in that regard though. E.g treating short
> lived data like a one shot timer or automatically detected stations
> differently than actual configuration like the ordering of stations.

So you talk about "timers.conf" and "channels.conf"? They are both dynamic in
the same way. VDR heavily modifies "channels.conf". Names, PIDs, .... are
modified and even new channels are added completely automatically! If I move
channels, add channels, ... via OSD, then VDR also modifies this file to store
my changes.

Yours

Manuel