[vdr] Filesystem hierachy standard patch needs review.

Manuel Reimer manuel.reimer at gmx.de
Thu Sep 6 21:09:03 CEST 2012

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Attached is a revised version of the patch, as I intend to adopt
> it in version 1.7.30.

Didn't try it, so far, but I had a look at it and maybe, I've found a small problem:

+# By default VDR requires only one single directory to operate:
  VIDEODIR = /video
-CONFDIR  = $(VIDEODIR)
+# See Make.config.template if you want to build VDR according to the FHS ("File
system Hierarchy Standard")

[...]

+
+install-conf:
+	@cp *.conf $(DESTDIR)$(CONFDIR)

For me this seems like "install-conf" does not longer work if FHS is *not* used,
as "CONFDIR" is not defined without the FHS mode enabled?

Yours

Manuel