[vdr] vdr build using git submodules

Dominic Evans oldmanuk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 17:36:48 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I was thinking of moving to building my own personal VDR and plugins
from scratch, using HEAD/master versions, rather than using a binary
deb-based system.

My plan was to store the whole lot in a personal git repo, branching
off the VDR releases git tracker [1], and then use git submodules to
reference the active trees for each plugin I want (epgsearch, live,
etc.) under PLUGINS/src. I'd also keep a set of quilt patches within
the tree as well.

Before I go ahead and do this, I just wondered if anyone else had done
something similar? :)

Cheers,
Dom

---