Oliver Schinagl oliver+list at schinagl.nl
Wed Sep 19 12:48:11 CEST 2012

On 19-09-12 09:25, Mika Laitio wrote:
>>  From the log I can see that the driver apparently makes DVB-S/DVB-S2
>> available
>> under adapter1/frontend0 and tries to provide DVB-T on adapter1/frontend1.
>> But if it does so, it tells the application that it can provide
>> DVB-S/DVB-S2
>> *and* DVB-T at the *same* time - which apparently isn't the case.
> Yes, you are correct. If I use frontend0 for DVB-S, I can't use frontend
> 1 at a same time for DVB-T. I will try in the evening to build the
> latest drivers myself to check whether both frontends are still created
> also with that one.
>
> Are there some other cards/drivers available with similar limitation
> where only a single frontend0 is created?
I unfortunatly missed half the discussion, but for two frontends to
work, you need a dual-tuner card. I currently have a Terratec Cynergy
dual T PCI-e card, that has two tuners that can be individually be
controlled with dvb-fe-tool. I think the name dual-tuner is actually
wrong, as it should be dual-frontend, tripple tuner in my case. One
front-end can be connected to DVB-T-tuner Or Analogue TV-tuner
(currently not working afaik) and the second frontend can be connected
to a different DVB-T-tuner Or DVB-C-tuner.

Check the output of dvb-fe-tool and see what it outputs. Or, your driver
is bugged/manufacturer lied about it's actual capabilities!