[vdr] Missing V4Ldevices using S2-6400 - is this normal?

André Weidemann Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Wed Sep 26 14:04:06 CEST 2012

Hi Sean,

On 23.09.2012 13:06, Sean Carlos wrote:
> So two questions:
>
> 1) is lack of v4l devices a feature of the DVB-S2 driver / S2-6400
> firmware, or has something gone wrong?

The video device node is missing, because it has not been implemented in
the driver yet. We will hopefully see this feature in the future.

> 2) If the lack of v4l devices is a feature [or if I cannot fix the
> problem :-)], is it possible to view VDR output using
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 using mplayer or similar?  I saw many hints on
> accessing this node using szap -r and mplayer, but mplayer doesn't
> seem to provide output while vdr is running.

I don't think it is possible to run "szap -r" simultaneously with VDR,
to be able to access dvr0. I'd say the device is already in use then...
Have you tried running szap when VDR is stopped?

Regards
  André