[vdr] Missing V4Ldevices using S2-6400 - is this normal?

André Weidemann Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Wed Sep 26 15:23:30 CEST 2012

Hi André,

On 26.09.2012 15:09, "André Schenk" wrote:
> Hi André,
>
>>> 1) is lack of v4l devices a feature of the DVB-S2 driver / S2-6400
>>> firmware, or has something gone wrong?
>
>> The video device node is missing, because it has not been implemented in
>> the driver yet. We will hopefully see this feature in the future.
>
> does this mean that the S2-6400 cannot be used as video output device like
> the old full featured DVB-S cards at the moment?

I assume that you are/were using the old FF-card with an AV-board or at
least used the cinch Video-out on the card to get the signal to your TV...

The S2-6400 has both RGB/(S-)Video-Out and HDMI-Out. So you can connect
it to your TV as usual.

The /dev/dvb/adapter0/video device node however does not (yet) exist.

Regards
  André