[vdr] Entering main menu with svdrpsend

Teemu Suikki tsuikki at zuik.org
Tue Apr 9 09:53:59 CEST 2013

Hi!

I might be overlooking something really simple, but I can't figure
this out myself. :)

I'm trying to send "red" button to the LoadEPG plugin, to cancel the
scan. In theory, this is just:

svdrpsend hitk Menu 9 Red

(9 is the Loadepg mainmenu entry number)..

However, the above fails if there is a message on screen, in that case
it will start recording channel 9, which is not good. :)

This "works":

svdrpsend hitk Back Back Back Back Back Menu 9 Red

But if you are in playback mode, it will cancel the playback. Probably
also some other situations where this fails.

So, is there a 100% sure way to enter main menu?