[vdr] Which epg for Sky UK

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Sun Apr 14 00:17:52 CEST 2013

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 23:06:58 +0200
"dplu (free)" <dplu at free.fr> wrote:

> Le samedi 13 avril 2013 21:48:44 Tony Houghton a écrit :
> >
> > Has eepg been updated to support Freeview HD and fix the memory leak?
>
> Good question, eepg create it's own file on conf directory , not seen memory
> leak but did not spend my life on Freesat channels
> I report it works even for channels like ITV HD, Channel 4 HD or BBC HD on
> 28.2E, it is more simple than patching vdr itself (even with internal huffman
> coded tables)

Yes, it worked well enough apart from the problems I mentioned above.
But the original maintainer hasn't commented on those and apparently the
code isn't in a very good state for someone else to take over.

Someone raised the possibility of rewriting the patch as a plugin, which
I would like, but I don't know how to write VDR plugins.