[vdr] ERROR: video data stream broken with DVB-T, AVC and ITE9135 device?

Michael Smith mic77smith at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 18:11:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

I've switched from DVB-S to DVB-T usb dongle with ITE9135 chipset and I'm
trying to record an AVC channel.
I'm using VDR-1.7.27.

Every thing OK when I use VDR with streamdev plugin. In fact I've set my
system to stream channels for more than 10 days. But after I create a timer
to record my stream, VDR gives following messages and jumps out.

ERROR: video data stream broken
initiating emergency exit
emergency exit requested - shutting down

I'm sure signal is fine, as I said there is no problem with streamdev. Also
I tried EPGScanTimeout=0 and EmergencyExit=0. Although it prevents VDR to
jump out, but nothing is recorded.

I've tested VDR-1.7.37 and problem persists.

Any idea?

Thanks.
Mike Smith.