[vdr] RFC: one or many positioners?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sun Apr 21 20:17:21 CEST 2013

Al 21/04/13 15:52, En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:

> Any visual feedback will be done via the channel display of the skin, by
> comparing
> CurrentLongitude() to TargetLongitude(). And of course any section
> filtering will
> start only after the target position has been reached.

Mmh, how will the system decide between "GotoAngle" and "GotoPosition"?
I have a linear actuator and I can only work with pulses. While in
theory calculating the angle is possible, it'd be difficult to do and it
will vary based on the geometry of the mount.
Also, I don't like the use of "Number" in StorePosition, mainly because
I've been using Source up until now, but I guess I can live with that.
>From the complete interface it seems that everything regarding
positioning will be managed by vdr itself, so the main screen of my
plugin[*] will be made redundant (good! I'm lazy), one thing I see
missing is some way to show error conditions (I have "Limit reached" and
"Motor error", which means the motor isn't moving even if it should).

[*] http://ventoso.org/luca/vdr/screenshot.jpg

Bye
--
Luca