[vdr] RFC: one or many positioners?

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 16:55:31 CEST 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 5:33 AM, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de> wrote:
>> I think I would be interested to have possibility for multiple positioners
>> later, if VDR would only support it.
>
> There doesn't seem to be such a big demand for multiple positioners,
> so I guess I'll take the easy way and assume there is only one.

For the sake of future-proofing, maybe the motor stuff can be added in
such a way that it wouldn't take a total rewrite to support
multi-motor setups in the event it's decided later on such support
would be advantageous. Since motor support is finally arriving, we
don't want to undershoot (although single motor setups certainly seem
like the easy majority).

Another consideration is what setups will look like once VDR advances
into server/client design. Will those setups be more likely to have
multiple motors? I dunno, but it's worth asking imo.