[vdr] RFC: one or many positioners?

Füley István aironet at tigercomp.ro
Mon Apr 22 18:12:25 CEST 2013

On 2013.04.21. 15:54, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> The question I have now is: will it be enough to have *one* single
> positioner
> in any given setup, or are there actually users who have more than one
> positioner?
> Klaus

Currently I have 4 tuners, each of them is connected to several
satellite positions via Diseqc 10/1 switches (i have quad LNBs and one
LNB on a motorized dish). The configuration is defined in diseqc.conf,
and believe me, it wasn't easy to set it up :)
Will the rotor implementation change the syntax of diseqc.conf and if
yes, will the new syntax be backward compatible with the current one?