[vdr] Problems with VDSB, how to automate in SYSLOG

Brian-Imap Brian_Dorling at t-online.de
Sat Apr 27 10:50:39 CEST 2013

Hi,
on some channels I get Video Data Stream Broken messages, not sure quite
what triggers them yet.
They continue till the recording has finished.

I have switched off the emergency exit when VDSB occurs,  two reasons why:

1. It never cures the problem
2. Occasionally I get a single VDSB written when tuning to certain
channels, the emergency exit
     would happen, but after the restart I would get a single VDSB again
when the channel was tuned,
    ending up in a loop, as the VDR restart is not curing the problem.

So, I wanted to know if anyone has any code or rules for rsyslog to
identify multiple VDSB messages
so I could trigger other actions. For example a reboot of the PC or
maybe a driver load/unload.
I know I could extend the VDR start script to unload/load the DVB
drivers after a VDR exit too.

Anyone have other suggestions maybe?

Cheers Brian