[vdr] RFC: one or many positioners?

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Sat Apr 27 17:09:09 CEST 2013

On 22.04.2013 20:56, Lars Hanisch wrote:
> Am 22.04.2013 14:28, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
>> or even
>>
>>    virtual void Drive(bool Left) {}    // true = left, false = right
>>    virtual void Step(int Steps) {}     // <0 = left, >0 = right
>>    virtual void SetLimit(bool Left) {} // true = left, false = right
>>
>> ?
>
>   If you would go this way, I would prefer an enum as parameter, because it's easier to use and the code is easier to
> understand. You don't have to remember if true is left or right. :)
>   "Step" would than have two parameters, the enum and an uint.

Well, I guess especially with the Step() function it could have been nice
to have the sign indicate the direction. But then again VDR itself probably
isn't going to use Step() with anything else but '1', so

   enum ePositionerDirection { pdLeft, pdRight };
   virtual void Step(ePositionerDirection Direction, uint NumSteps = 1);

should do just fine...

Klaus