[vdr] Problems with VDSB, how to automate in SYSLOG

Teemu Suikki tsuikki at zuik.org
Sun Apr 28 20:53:17 CEST 2013

Handling of VDSB should be improved somehow, or at least add some
configuration.

It's annoying if VDR is recording multiple channels, and one channel has
VDSB.. emergency exit at this point will break all the other recordings,
which otherwise would be fine.

Also I think VDR should try tuning to same channel with another frontend.
People might have different size dishes on different tuners. Some channels
might be unavailable in bad weather with small dishes, but view with larger
one. VDR should try all possible methods to tune the wanted channel, before
resorting to emergency exit..

Perhaps VDR should also store the time of previous emergency exit.. if VDSB
continues after first emergency exit, it's not very useful to exit again.