[vdr] Deactivate a Tuner

Brian-Imap Brian_Dorling at t-online.de
Sun Aug 11 11:43:11 CEST 2013

On 8/8/2013 10:22 PM, Lars Hanisch wrote:
> Am 08.08.2013 16:23, schrieb Brian-Imap:
>> On 8/7/2013 9:58 PM, Lars Hanisch wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>>   You don't really need dynamite. If you want to omit the fourth tuner (in kernel count order), you can start vdr with
>>> the -D parameter (see vdr --help).
>>>
>>>   vdr -D0 -D1 -D2 <other parameters as usual>
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Lars.

>> Hi Lars,
>>
>> OK I knew about this, but I thought that the Card/Tuners numbers could change
>> from boot to boot. Are you saying that they will not change?
>   If it's one bridge with 4 tuners, I doubt their order will change.
>
>   You may want to read about "device bonding", where you split one cable on two tuners so they share polarisation and
> band, but may be tuned to different transponders.
>
>   But I'm a cable user, I don't know much about it, just that there are some people out there who use it successfully. :)
>
> Regards,
> Lars.
>
>> Cheers Brian

Hi,
thanks for the tips, unfotunately I ended up needing to keep using a FF
Card for a short while.

So I followed the CT tip and added a TT C-2300 Cable FF card that is not
connected to cable at all.
That part seems to work really well.

Using the -D parameter in VDR I limited VDR to using the first 4 DVB
Devices and this is what it gave me:

Aug 11 11:09:31 localhost vdr: [936] frontend 0/0 provides
DVB-S,DVB-S2,DSS with QPSK ("STV090x Multistandard")
Aug 11 11:09:31 localhost vdr: [936] frontend 1/0 provides DVB-C with
QAM16,QAM32,QAM64,QAM128,QAM256 ("ST STV0297 DVB-C")
Aug 11 11:09:31 localhost vdr: [936] frontend 2/0 provides
DVB-S,DVB-S2,DSS with QPSK ("STV090x Multistandard")
Aug 11 11:09:31 localhost vdr: [936] frontend 4/0 provides
DVB-S,DVB-S2,DSS with QPSK ("STV090x Multistandard")

So tuners 1-3 of the Cine S2 and Duoflex are now in use. DBV device 1
provides nothing but MPEG output.

I guess I'll keep an eye on the DVB device ordering for a while to see
how it goes.

Cheers Brian