[vdr] VDR on Beaglebone Black

Marc vdr2 at ekass.net
Wed Aug 14 10:12:27 CEST 2013

On 13/08/2013 16:27, Bruce MacIntyre wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> This is my second post regarding putting VDR on a BBB.  I was a little
> disappointed that no one responded to my first posting.
>
> Since then I have poured over google to find as much as I can about
> what I want to do.  On Ubuntuforums I found a user that installed VDR
> using
> apt-get install vdr <and 4 xine plugins>.  I was amazed that it all
> installed without any errors and when I rebooted the BBB it was
> running VDR automatically.
> I updated some of the configuration files but when I did apt-get
> install vdr-plugin-hdhomerun (to support my HDHomeRun Dual) I received
> an error
>  that it wanted a newer version of VDR, but the version, 1.7.22 is
> newer than the plugin???  I was also hoping to get VDR version 2
> because it seems to
> have support for HD TV and ATSC that I think I need here in the US. It
> seems that recording TV from the HDHR to disk is an easy task, if I
> can find
> the software to do it.
>
> My question is, does anyone think it is possible to get VDR 2 running
> on a BeagleBone Black (running Ubuntu 12.04) with a Silicon Dust
> HDHomeRun Dual
> as the tuner?

If the 1.7 branch already works, vdr 2 should works too. The 1.7 branch
is the developer version of vdr 2 and already support hd. vdr 2 was
released a few months ago and should be available on the next release of
your distro (probably 13.10 for ubuntu). I don't know hdhomerun but
there is something called dvbhdhomerun witch is able to make the
hdhomerun appears as a classic dvb device. Perhaps it's what you need.

Marc.