[vdr] VDR needs some way to detect new tuners on runtime...

Manuel Reimer manuel.reimer at gmx.de
Mon Aug 19 23:19:04 CEST 2013

with event based init systems (in my case systemd) it seems to become a
big issue to startup VDR.

If you install VDR on a SSD device, then startup gets *really* fast.
Sometimes that fast, that VDR starts before all devices are initialized.

I've asked in the systemd mailinglist, if there is any way to get around

The result: The "daemon" (VDR) needs some way to detect devices while

So my question to Klaus: Is there something like this planned or would a
patch be accepted which adds a feature like this? As far as I know a new
dependency (libudev) would be needed.

And the question to the group: Who would be able to create a patch like
this? My C++ knowledge is very basic. Much too basic to do something
like this.