[vdr] VDR needs some way to detect new tuners on runtime...

André Weidemann Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Tue Aug 20 09:40:36 CEST 2013

On 19.08.2013 23:19, Manuel Reimer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> with event based init systems (in my case systemd) it seems to become a
> big issue to startup VDR.
>
> If you install VDR on a SSD device, then startup gets *really* fast.
> Sometimes that fast, that VDR starts before all devices are initialized.

There might be an easier way to get around this. I assume you load your
module in the runvdr or a similar script at boot time?!

Add a line like this after loading the required modules:
/sbin/modprobe dvb
/sbin/udevadm settle --timeout=30

then start up vdr.

Everything should be fine since udevadm only returns after all actions
regarding the module load are settled.

Regards
  André