[vdr] Channel dropout unless femon active

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Sun Aug 25 05:32:38 CEST 2013

Perhaps a little off topic, but I wonder if anyone can shed any light on
the following.

I am viewing a signal that is very close to reception threshold - dish a
little small, STR value 65%, SNR value 67%, but BER and UNC errors as
reported by femon are zero.

As long as I leave the femon plugin active on screen, I can view it
uninterrupted. If I turn it off, within 60 seconds, the picture will
disappear until I activate femon again.

Initally it will only show "SIGNAL" and "CARRIER" indicators active,
then after a short period, everything will lock again and the channel
will re-appear.

I am running the latest vdr version with a TT 6400 S2 full feature card,
with latest drivers and firmware. Relevent drivers would be perhaps
stv090x or stv6110x.

Channel parameters DVB-S2, symbol rate 15000 FEC 3/5  QPSK Video 35Mb
MPEG2 1920 x 1080, Audio MPEG 270Mb

Regards,

Richard