[vdr] vdr 2.1.2 segfaults in libc using vdr --genindex

Lou tuxoholic at hotmail.de
Mon Dec 2 20:31:00 CET 2013

Am 02.12.2013, 17:59 Uhr, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de>:

>> I guess this was caused by the changes to videodir.[ch].
>> For a quick fix you could try moving the line
>>
>>    cVideoDirectory::SetName(VideoDirectory);
>>
>> into the
>>
>>            case 'v': VideoDirectory = optarg;
>>                      while (optarg && *optarg && optarg[strlen(optarg)
>> - 1] == '/')
>>                            optarg[strlen(optarg) - 1] = 0;
>>                      cVideoDirectory::SetName(VideoDirectory); //
>> <----- here!
>>                      break;
>>
>> in vdr.c
>
> Oh, and use the option '-v'...
> This is just a quick hack - I'll need to give this more thought.
>
> Klaus

Thanks Klaus, this fixes things temporarily, but I agree it's annoying to
set --video as well. Especially since you also have to remember setting
--video first, THEN call --genindex. If you have it the wrong way around,
it will segfault again ...

But it's okay to work with.

Lou