[vdr] start VDR without hardware for test and tutorial

cedric.dewijs at telfort.nl cedric.dewijs at telfort.nl
Tue Dec 3 18:30:30 CET 2013

That's a good suggestion, I didn't know it existed.

I will mention it as an alternative to xineliboutput. Personally I want to use xineliboutput because I'm building a PC that drives my TV via HDMI, but dummydevice-plugin is indeed useful if you are building a headless server.

Having said that, debian does not have vdr-dummydevice nor dynamite in their repositories yet, If I figure out how, I will suggest it.

Best regards, and thanks for thinking with me,
Cedric