[vdr] [Announce] streamdev-0.6.1

Frank Schmirler vdr at schmirler.de
Fri Dec 6 09:55:25 CET 2013

Hi,

On Wed, 4 Dec 2013 19:10:04 +0000, Morfsta wrote
> Difficult to trace these problems isn't it? I get a sustained
> transfer rate when copying files over of around 15MB/sec - so I
> would have thought this would be ample for SD and HD streaming?

As long as there's no concurrent bandwidth consuming activity that should be
enough.

> I was just surprised to find very few options to play with in streamdev
> with regard to buffer sizes etc. I presume this is by design and the
> way in which it works?

Well, there was no demand yet ;)

Can you try adding the sleep command as suggested in my first answer? Maybe
try a short delay (e.g. 500 ms) and a long delay (e.g. 3000 ms). If it helps,
I'll add a setup option.

Regards,
Frank