[vdr] vdr-iptv "sh -c" iptvstream.sh issue

Ian_and_joanna ian_and_joanna at talktalk.net
Tue Dec 24 02:49:08 CET 2013

In Brief

Have you checked file permissions?

The first example you quote that works is the way iptvstream.sh should be called I think (so that parameters can be passed to the script).

The first thing I'd check are the file permissions on iptvstream.sh (i.e. the output from

ls -l /etc/vdr/iptvstream.sh

) and that they allow the user running vdr to execute the script.

In general I hesitate in modifying the source until I have ruled out other possibilities as I imagine an error of this nature in the source would have been picked up by others sooner (unless it is a very recent change).

In closing

First step check file permissions on the shell script.

Sent from my mobile phone.