[vdr] Call for translations for VDR version 2.0.0

Marc vdr at ekass.net
Tue Feb 12 10:14:03 CET 2013

On 12/02/2013 02:24, syrius.ml at no-log.org wrote:
> Bernard Jaulin <bernard.jaulin at gmail.com> writes:
>

> Bonjour,
>
>> We are working on that now ! We send you a new one .po asap.
>> Dear french fellow countryman please take a look here :
>> http://dvbkivabien2.info/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14987
>> and here :
>> http://lite.framapad.org/p/ClyUvioD5s
> Thanks Bernard !
> I've just proposed some changes on the pad as well as comments on some
> weird translations.
>
> one of the worst one is definitely "epg scan timeout", it shouldn't
> translate to "epg scan length/duration" in french ! :-)
Hi Syrius,

Sorry if I don't have a perfect French. By "Temps de mise à jour du
guide (h)", I mean the time before the epg is updated. I agree, a more
correct version would be "Temps *avant* mise à jour du guide (h)" witch
is IMHO what this parameter is intended for. The user inactivity part is
not mentioned in the original message, I don't see why it should be in
the translation. For a standard user "Inactivité avant rech. EPG (h)"
mean nothing IMHO. At least, the translation should mention that this is
the *user* inactivity but even with that, I'm not sure a standard user
would understand what this parameter is about.

Regards,

Marc.